Thursday 10 February 2011

Training Days

Last Sunday was the second Passionettes training day i've been too, and it was just as much fun, if not more fun, than last time. Bekka's Business tips were inspirational (as expected, she really has got a gift - and not just for creating lovely things) and all the demonstrations were so wonderful, with practical help on using various SU projects. The make and takes were also brilliant - Monica and her helpers excelled themselves!

One project I particularly loved wasactually done by my upline Caroline. If you're at all familiar with Tri-Shutter cards then you'll get why I loved it. It was a photo album made from two of the cards joined together and decorated very prettily.


It open out into a long shallow album, with lots of little places to pop photo's and other bits and bobs


It struck me that it would be the perfect way to document a journey - something like a baby's first year, or a period of travelling, or as a fellow Demo sugested to me, weight loss! 
So, inspired by that and the idea of journeys, I went home and immediately tryed my hand at making the album. I'm quite pleased with the results (even though its not yet finished!)



 

To the front i'm still thinking what i'm going to do, but i've also added a panel on the back using the lined paper in the Newsprint DSP pack, to record significant events and targets - more pictures when its complete I promise. 

Since then Caroline sent me a copy of the tutorial she's produced for the projects, complete with a presentation box, making it a perfect gift. So I might just have to make more and send them to friends and family.

The colours I used were Pink Pirouette, Crumbcake and Very Vanilla cardstock, Newsprint DSP and Crumbcake ink to the edges of the DSP.  The edges of the crumbcake matts were distressed with my finger nail, but believe me thats not good if you have a lot to do (owie!), so i'll be purchasing the distressing tools Stampin' Up! do for just this job! I also used the Small Heart punch to clip the corners into an interesting shape, and finished them with a flat backed pearl.

See you soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment