Friday 30 July 2010

Just a quick one















I thought I would very quickly show a couple of the cards that I made over the past few weeks. The first was one made for the daughter of my DF boss, who was described as very girly and into horses.

I found some images of horses on the internet (thank you whoever took them!) And of course i'd just ordered the Tea Party DSP which covered the 'girly ' element brilliantly.

It turned out that this particular horse was virtually identical to the horse she currently kept, and so i kept it full colour and changed my mind immediately to make an aperture card framing it. Cutting round all the different shapes was quite labour intensive, and if I were making multiple cards I would have thought twice, but as it was a special one off I went full steam ahead.


I made one boo boo though and so an extra little flower was cut out to hide the smudge of elegant eggplant ink that made it onto the sentiment panel (stamp from the Cheers and Wishes set). Finishes it off though? I also trimmed down the flowers on the front to the edge of the main card, allowing it to stand. They loved it, and I was very glad!





The other card was the happy result of an unexpected flash of early morning creativity - one cup of tea and the Bird on a Branch stampt set later and I was rather pleased with it.


I added just a subtle bit of glitter behind the bird, darkened with elegant egglant inking under the heat and stick powder.


And also double inked the sentiment with a light and dark colour (using the faithful Stamp-a-ma-jig) to produce the shadowed effect, which
on the Basic Grey background works beautifully.
Finished of with a liberal daubing of Versamark
around the edge and a frame of black to make the
colours pop out and I was very pleased.


And of course, a bit of Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon, because i'm obsessed.



One day I will have a go at producing a range of items featuring no EE colour at all - as an exercise in restraint!

No comments:

Post a Comment