Friday 22 October 2010

Halllooooo!

Ok, it's been a little while, but lots and lots to show.


I also didn’t report on my first party! Huge thanks to my lovely hostess, she did a great job, and also thanks to my mother who took on heat gun duties for the evening! They’ve since received their orders – including the free exclusive hostess sets and the free products of their choice, which I’m sure they are having fun playing with. It was a small and extremely enjoyable party (which just proves how easy it is to earn the freebies) with some fab people and we made some Christmas cards using the Dasher stamp and lots of glitter – because if you can’t have glitter at Christmas, when can you? ;)

Since then I’ve been busily making swaps for the Peterborough training and I also held a stall at the Willingale fair. I met some wonderful people and had loads of fun crafting with children from the village and talking to their families. They were all positively brilliant, and the children so creative and imaginative.

All that fun (plus that fact that this years catalogue includes some brilliant child friendly designs) means i'm working on a range projects for childrens parties and groups and will let everybody know the details when they are available.  



 Do watch this space; it’s going to be exciting!


After that came Peterborough. You know how I mentioned I was doing those swaps? Well they featured these little things –


They’re called Tato’s, which are little origami containers that are flat and so can be used in cards and scrapbook pages and and anywhere else where something small and precious needs to be stored.  they're opened by pulling the two larger flaps, yet stay securely shut otherwise.

They were made using the instructions in Paper Fold It by Steve and Megumi Biddle. I’m going to attempt to make a video showing how to make them and post it here, but do find the book if you can for all the other lovely projects. 
The Tato’s above are made with a 4x4” square of Greenhouse Gala DSP and a 6x6” square of Blueberry Crisp (which I’m starting to absolutely love the floral patterns are so pretty, yet not overtly girly, and a lot of the other patterns would make wonderful mens projects).
My swaps used the Greenhouse paper and were mounted on a page stamped with my Baroque Border Wheel. Using the Wheels is so amazingly quick and easy – all thirty were done in a matter of minutes. Even With me chaging my mind on positioning halfway through and going back to stamp on the reverse.


The one downfall of these swaps was I didn’t list my materials, so for my fellow Demo’s, I used
Very Vanilla, So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Early Expresso and Pumpkin Pie Cardstocks.
Greehouse Gala Designer Series Paper.
Baroque Border Stampin’ Around Wheel
Ink Cartridges inked with So Saffron and Certainly Celery and Certainly, Baja, Saffron and Crumbcake inkpads.
Certainly Celery 1/8” Taffeta ribbon.




I also have to show this card to show off the Paper Daisies that I recently got for my grandmothers birthday card – Just a little bit of inking to colour and the effect is lovely, especially combined with some pretty Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon. 



Next post will be all about the fantastic day I had in Peterborough on the 17th - it was so much fun, and so tiring – those ladies make you work! – But I loved every minute. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment